Master Your Mind, Master Your Physique – Part 5: Affirming your Self Image
We use our self talk to affirm our self image. This forms our belief in who we are and what we can achieve.
I’m hoping you’ve completed the exercise in my previous article and have an idea of what your ideal physique is. If you have not done this please go back to the previous article and finish the ‘self-image’ exercise.
Now you have a basic idea on what your physique will look & feel like. Next we want define it further by drafting an affirmation. We’re going to use this to help control our self-talk, build our new reality/self-image which we will then assimilate to.
This is where we separate the doers from the dreamers. Most people won’t want to define their new self-image & affirmations. That’s because to do this you are setting parameters where you may fail or far short. And that’s enough to deter 90% of readers.
Well, I challenge youth move past this. Give the exercise a go. You’ll be amazed at what happens next.
Application time again!
Now this is where I’m asking those of you playing at home to take some time and write out what your affirmations will be. Use the keywords from your self image exercise to create a few sentences explaining & affirming what your ideal physique is.
Now there are some key principles we want to apply when doing this-
- Affirm in the present tense- Write the affirmation as if you have already achieved it. You want your mind to believe this is your reality so you will work towards that.
- Apply emotion to this new self-image- Emotions are strong and they will drive us towards our new self-image quicker.
- Don’t get stuck on it being perfect- A poor affirmation is better than no affirmation. Just write your affirmation down, then edit it, then edit it again. Get it to a point where your happy but don’t spend to long and procrastinate here. This is a 15-20 mins exercise max. Just get it done.
Our old mate Steve did this exercise and this is what he came up with-
“I’m very attractive, muscular & lean with visible abs. My physique draws positive attention and this makes me feel confident, proud and sexy” – Steve
Now you have your affirmations great! Are we going to print them off, stick them on a wall somewhere and then forget about them? Hell no!
We now need to utilise them and use them to drive our self-image through repetitive affirmations & visualisation, and here’s how were going to do it-
- Each day when you first wake up take 15 mins to yourself. Use a journal to re-write your affirmation & then read it out loud (in a mirror if possible, eye ball yourself & be serious!)
- Visualise that physique. Feel the positive and inspiring emotions that come along with it. Affirm this is who you are and what you believe
- Repeat this at night time. I want you imagining this new you as a reality of here and now. Go into slumber knowing you’re the man!
- Do this as often a possible. Have your affirmations printed out and easily accessible.
- Display it somewhere in your house, have it as the background to your phone, hell even have it playing on loop as you fall asleep every-night if you can. The more you use your self talk to affirm your new self-image the more effective it will be.
This is not a tick and flick exercise. You need to be all in and be dedicated to control your self talk as much as possible to confirm your new self image. I guess what I’m saying here is you want to affirm your new self image as much as reasonably possible. If you’re not doing this daily you’re wasting your time.
Zac’s Tip– Watch out for negative self-talk. Were all guilty of it. This if a form of negative self affirmation and it must be stomped out. Try to make a conscious effort at identifying when you are doing this and follow it up with ‘this is not me’ and affirm your positive self image again and again. Remember your mind does not like you holding 2 conflicting beliefs at once. It’s not built for that.
Now doing this isn’t your ticket to easy street. You still need to put in conscious effort but you will find achieving your ideal physique will be much easier. You’ll notice opportunities to improve as well as pitfalls to avoid. You subconscious will be working for you but you still need to consciously make the required effort!
If at any point during these articles you’re unsure of something or need some further clarification please reach out. Also feel free to reach out if you’d like assistance to buy steroids or PED’s in Australia from a domestic source. You’ve come to the right place, I’m the top choice for steroids in Australia for a reason!
As always I’m (Zac) just an email away & I want to help you achieve your ideal physique – [email protected]
Peace out fam ✌️
Zac – [email protected]
-Domestic Steroids & Pharma Meds Australia
‘Your only competition is yourself, be better than you were yesterday’